Monday 6 May 2013

Wales Strikes Back: Return of Arran

Our welsh friend has been over for another weekend. This means I've actually been playing games for a change.

Arran saw fit to bring Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance with him, which I maintain is probably one of the top 5 stupidest names for a game yet. It's a hack and slash game with some fun mechanics. It took me probably about 5 hours of play to beat, which is pretty short, but I did only play on Normal. The last boss was around 90 minutes of that, too. When he throws the... thing... at you, the game expects you to do some kind of precision cut on it or you take 100% damage. Well, analogue sticks aren't good for precision, so I died to that attack A LOT. The cutscenes are ridiculous. Buy if you have too much money.

I randomly finished Fable II also. When I last left off, I was just about to recruit Stephen Fry, so there wasn't much left in the game. Killed a rock, watched the main villain die in a cutscene, blah blah. I feel like the Fable series has the most untapped potential in any game series yet. The ending was very underwhelming.

FINALLY beat Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords just now, also. I used a level 50 Warrior with two items which allowed me to stack resistances, which seems to be the only way to beat Bane, as his item/spell setup is the cheatiest thing in the game. The writing is reasonably good in PQ, and I'm glad to finally put this game to rest. Except I want to speedrun it BECAUSE I AM INSANE.

Of course, I'm not the only person who plays games around here! Arran had a Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past save on our cart that he continued to completion. My poor exasperated wife had to guide him through a lot of the dungeons. :)

Emily has also been grinding the crap out of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - I've seen her beat Super Macho Man a couple of times now, but she hasn't quite managed to close out Tyson himself yet. She has managed to knock him down a few times, though. One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment