Wednesday 28 September 2011

Acquisitions Update

My collection has grown a lot lately, here's a rundown.


Good Old Games - D&D Pack, $34.31 (2011-09-22)
  • Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - I don't know anything about this game.
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard - or this one!
  • Temple of Elemental Evil - or this one. Though I think this is like the old Gold Box games?
  • Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga - I've played this quite a lot before, perhaps even finishing it, not sure. It's an excellent series. This release also contains Tales of the Sword Coast, a small expansion which adds more adventuring stuff and some items/classes.
  • Baldur's Gate 2 Complete - I'm not as familiar with the second game, though I have played it before. Looking forward to completing it and the expansion.
  • Icewind Dale Complete - Similar to Baldur's Gate, with the exception that you can make 6 characters and rampage around with them. I spent more time writing custom AI than actually playing this game.
  • Icewind Dale 2 Complete - Not played the second game at all, but I assume it will be similar in style and quality.
  • Planescape: Torment - I've heard much (good) about this, though I've only played briefly. Very intriguing premise, and the non-Forgotten Realms setting is refreshing.
  • Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition - Played extensively in the past, though I never owned the expansions, so those will be good. They both start you out at higher levels, iirc. Don't know anything about Kingmaker.
This a really great deal at ridiculous price, I signed up for GOG purely to buy it.

Jay St. Games - $72.29 (2011-09-23)
  • Darkstalkers 3 (PS1) - Love this game, though it is a weird hybrid port between various arcade versions. It includes all characters, which makes it pretty unbalanced, but fun. There's also some stat-building mode which makes it completely nuts.
  • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (DS) - From what I've seen this is a japanese tactics RPG. Here's hoping it's better than Fire Emblem.
  • Solstice (NES) - Follin! Also the game isn't bad.
  • Legacy of the Wizard (NES) - This game is incredibly difficult to finish, not because of pure difficulty, but also the need to change characters and such. Should take a while.
  • Ultima: Exodus (NES) - Old-school western RPG based on D&D. Merciless difficulty.
  • Ultima: Quest of the Avatar (NES) - The start of what made Ultima great.
Not a bad stash, and some fair variation in genre.

Jay St. Games - $65.84 (2011-09-27)
  • Might & Magic: Book One (NES) - Dungeon crawler of ridiculous size and plot. Will take forever to finish.
  • Plok (SNES) - Follin! I remember this game very fondly from my childhood, even though I didn't have a SNES. Used to play it in the afterschool creche thing.
  • Shadowrun (SNES) - When I was younger there was a combination roleplaying/cardgaming club that my brother and I went to regularly. I played a fair amount of Shadowrun RPG there, and I know this version is quite close to the original. Looking forward to doing quests for a dog.
I love you Jay St..

I'll be more heavily playing these gems (and also streaming them live) once I get back home to England. Look out for me and subscribe - http://twitch.tv/lagdotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment