Thursday 29 September 2011

Speedrunning

As a member of the website Speed Demos Archive I'm interested in both playing games quickly and watching others do the same. I've been a member for a long time; the site used to only house demo files for Quake (hence the name) and I have quite a number of those up there to watch. However the majority of the site focus is off Quake now, with many people submitting runs for good, bad, new and old games. You can see the world record run of Super Mario Bros. there, among currently 662 other games. Sometimes we have multiple categories for one game, such as finding all the secrets or using the hardest difficulty.

My current non-Quake contributions to the site stand merely at a couple of different categories of run for Arcomage, but I have many other runs in the works. I'll talk about those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment